For all enthusiastic fly fishermen, there comes a point when you realize that you could save a lot of money by not buying but tying your own flies. When you first get started the flies seem cheap, but the cost soon adds up!
As a beginner this comprehensive fly tying kit contains everything you will need to get started tying your own flies.
You will learn how to tie 8 basic guide patterns
- Woolly Bugger
- Pheasant Tail Nymph
- BH Caddis Larva
- Elk Hair Caddis
- Rusty Parachute
- Fur Ant
- San Juan Worm
- Zebra Midge
It includes all of the fly tying tools and materials you will need to tie all of the eight basic patterns. Each pattern contains 10 flies, making a total of 80 flies.
You also get an instructional DVD by Tim Flagler, who is considered top fly-tying videographer in the industry. The DVD covers how to use the tools and materials, and full instructions on tying the basic 8 patterns, plus another 8 patterns. Materials not included for the additional 8 patterns
Also included is Water-based head cement, spooled materials, starter vise and ceramic bobbin, scissors, bodkin, hair stacker, English hackle pliers and all of the material required to tie the patterns.
Made in USA.
- With just this one starter kit, you can make up to 80 flies – pretty impressive!
- A clear instructional DVD by Tim Flagler which shows you how to make 8 different patterns.
- The patterns are easy for beginners to gain experience and confidence.
- One of the best kits to help you make that bridge from amateur to experienced. It just grows with you!
- This set definitely doesn’t fall into the cheap category